Avocados give smoothies a creamy texture and a boost of heart-healthy fat. In this simple recipe, avocado is combined with applesauce and cinnamon for a delicious breakfast or refreshing afternoon snack that is naturally sweetened without added sugar.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
½ avocado, pitted and peeled
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
½ to 1 cup ice
I’ve been using the Avene line for about 12 years now and I would never consider changing my routine. I use the cleanser and the daytime moisturizer, as well as the cold cream and thermal water in the summer months. This is a new product from the line that I noticed while wandering through a drugstore in Paris. Avene is formulated in Paris, this may be the reason why they get the newest products first… before the rest of the world.
I was intrigued by the fact that I hadn’t seen this ‘magic wand’ in Toronto so I bought two. I am not typically one to break out often but when I do it is a sad sad day for me. Much like almost every person on the planet… I hate pimples. This stick is great for drying them up right away, leaving very minimal redness. It’s perfect to leave in your purse because you never know when those little buggers will pop up. The application is clear and can be applied under makeup for an all day wear. Now available at Shoppers Drug mart.
What is it?
Avéne Cleanance Spot Treatment is formulated to gently eliminate blemishes and prevent more from developing. The colourless anti-spot formula is designed for easy and convenient daily application, which can be re-applied discreetly two to three times during the day to further enhance treatment benefits. The clear formula penetrates the skin immediately and can be applied under make-up to reduce redness while effectively unclogging pores and brightening the complexion. Contains salicylic acid to dry and exfoliate affected blemishes, and encourage the elimination of blemishes. Kaolin, cucurbita pepo and vitamin B6 help to regulate sebum secretions, while cetremnium bromide helps to reduce inflammation.
Toasted Almond & Chocolate Granola
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons cocoa nibs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together oats, coconut, almonds, cocoa nibs, and salt.
- In a heatproof bowl or glass measuring cup, microwave honey and oil on high power until mixture is hot and bubbling, about 45 seconds. Whisk in cocoa powder until smooth. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts. Pour over dry ingredients and toss to coat.
- Spread granola onto prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Bake, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes, until granola is fragrant no longer sticky, about 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool, stirring occasionally to break up the large pieces, for about 20 minutes. When granola is just barely warm, stir in chocolate chips. You want the chips to soften ever so slightly so they “stick” to some of the granola, but not melt completely. Granola will keep, stored in an airtight container, for up to 4 weeks.
Check out these Torre and Tagus dogwood branch room dividers that I found in the garbage room this evening. Tags attached… these happen match perfectly with the decor of our bedroom. It also matches the birch wood branches and canvas art piece that I scored from the garbage too.
Okay… now I’m bragging.